© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The little things that are not so little...

Froya and her huge heart (a gift) 

Art teachers... In high school,  I had an instructor that actually took one of my works and ripped it up in front of the class because I slightly changed the still life that she set up for us to paint. I don't fault her, she must have had a bad day or was really frustrated at the time. I remember the feeling though and never wanted anyone to ever feel that. When I started to teach, it was a "given" that anything like that would NEVER happen to any of my students.. I think so far so good as the other day I was given the gift that you see above. It's funny, because  I was saying how little time I have had lately for painting and creating. I think the goddesses heard and decided to send me a reminder. The very next day I received this..... I promise to never forget that what I do matters. Thank you Froya....(one of our future artists)  I love the F "hearts" A...

2 comments:

  1. I have just waked back from the exact class you were in when your art was destroyed. There were 4 students and Ms. Ieracci creating in the class. On the shelf in this classroom is a beautiful book with your picture and Bio. Doesn't that just warm your heart.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That really does warm my heart!!!! Thank you for that!
    Big hugsXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive