© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Scrounging around

Cows

Being in art school, I had to do many art history lessons. It's kind of fun discovering things that you had no idea that you kept (I found this in a portfolio tucked away in a closet) I remember one paper I had to do and also produce the paintings for. This drawing of cows was part of it. I wish I had more of the work that I had done then. I am sad to say (not to be melancholy about it,  I am overthat part of my life) but my ex, suffice to say, was not too happy with my departure. 
 He decided that an art bonfire was in order.  So, I lost a lot of that work.   It's so funny how people attack what they think will break your heart because they are so bitter and sad. When I first sold a painting, I remember kissing it goodbye (literally there was lipstick on the canvas).  Now, I am braver.  I am happy to see them go to a new home. What happens to them after that is up to the universe. There is one painting though, that I will always miss and it hangs in a home in Europe.

2 comments:

  1. Hey
    Cows are so beautiful !!!! ACM will be "knocked up soon " then she will be on the milk line. I was bragging about my "Artist Friend" you, to two people from Monaco. As I get older I think I'm most proud of all the people in my life that decided to "do it just a little bit different " I love the idea that your Art is all over the world.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B! Nice words... I bet your trip was amazing. I can't wait for the pics! Do send them when you can K?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive