© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Thursday, July 12, 2012

Monotypes

Abstract Landscape
Monotype

I have recently begun creating some Monotypes. I like these as it is original work but a change from painting on canvas. Although the word "type" makes it sounds like a million prints are done, in this case, not so. Only one is produced. A painting is done on a smooth hard surface (I use glass) and only one print is made.  It lends itself to abstract.  Speaking of abstract, I don't do a lot of them. I enjoy it and  I know some artists can actually produce them constantly. I have to be in the mood for them. The few I have done I have sold. This piece has two smaller works that go with it. They are all framed in white with a wide matt.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous13 July, 2012

    Doll, well done!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous19 July, 2012

    I'm in awe . . . Amazing.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive