© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Foodie that I am.....

I grow herbs in my garden. There is nothing like the fresh smell of Basil. I have a friend who owns an amazing restaurant here. The chef there recently payed a visit and he (of course) had been out picking fresh local mushrooms for one of his culinary delights. He was kind enough to give me a couple and they were so beautiful. He suggested I paint them. I will for sure.. I have photographed them (as I want to eat them immediately).

I dropped off some freshly picked Basil from my garden to the restaurant and upon walking in the back door to the kitchen, wished I could set up a table right there in that kitchen, and watch them cook as I devour all that wonderful food. I will begin to work this evening on "the mushrooms". This painting is purely for me. I will hang it in my kitchen, so that whenever I make an attempt to be a culinary whiz, I will stare at it longingly. Perhaps I will post it. P.S. Yes you guys.. I will bring in the mint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive