© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sailboats in Two Colours (Sold)


I love colour. It seems to have become a trademark of mine. At least I have been told. I decided that I must challenge myself and do a painting where I used the least amount of pigments I dared.
It was painful. It was a scene from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as my hands fought to stay away from all those tubes of coloured paints.  

However, I did it.


"With every day, and from both sides of my intelligence, the moral and the intellectual, I thus drew steadily nearer to the truth, by whose partial discovery I have been doomed to such a dreadful shipwreck: that man is not truly one, but truly two."



- Robert Louis Stevenson, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Chapter 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive