© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Saturday, January 26, 2013


A tree (watercolour) 8x8" sold
  I always get a chuckle when folks discuss Existentialism.  I remember when I was about nine years old finding a book in our overloaded bookshelf  "Existentialism and Totalitarianism .  Our "library" (this description  I use quite loosely) was full of  Maoism, Marxism, Leninism etc...Anthropology, Archeology, Psychology  etc etc. Yes, at nine years of age I actually thumbed through them. I obviously did not understand those things at that time, however,  later in life I understood much more about them.
I did know that I lived in a very different household than many people I knew.
This is confirmed when your parent allows you to view a Mark Prent exhibit when you are 12.  It was a great experience even if it was a little gruesome.  My contribution at nine years old to our again, "library" was taking out the dictionary and being a young artist at that time, drawing pictures in the margins beside the definitions. Oops!  
But what makes me laugh when I just hear the word existential....  it reminds me of someone I knew a couple of years ago, that tried to throw that word out there to impress.  I always think of him and smile. I said nothing when he said he "studied it".  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive