© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Friday, December 7, 2012


The big big city and taxes....mixed medium
(Sold)
I had the unique pleasure this week to explain (or try to) the concept of taxes to a couple of 10 year olds. 
The question arose when the topic of schools came up. I have two students that take a class together. One is in the Public system, the other in Private. Both are truly quite brilliant and I, at times find it a challenge to answer the questions that come out of the "mouths of babes". These babes anyway. I am always very proud of myself when I give them a reasonable answer  and I think  "hey,  quite smart of me" as I brush the beads of sweat off my brow from the stress.
 In this instance, I explained how a  portion of the money that their parents make is given to the government to pay for such things as public education, medical care etc etc....
Of course they got it with those young brains that are loaded with so much grey matter
If you ever get a chance to watch two ten year olds debate (yes this is what happened) over what should be taxed and who... it is quite the thing. Look out you future Politicians, I have a few here now and I am getting an early debate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive