© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Sunday, April 22, 2012

Iris- when we're tired and sad....we paint what we feel.. rough edges and all.

Iris (Sold)

This painting is perhaps "primary" looking. I must explain. It was painted after Swiss Air flight 111 crashed into the sea. I remember it was my first night in Nova Scotia at the "Dog Bite" motel. I was in bed, and heard what sounded like an explosion muffled under something.  Only way I can describe it. I sat up, and my dog Barclay, raised his head with that tilt that dogs do when they are listening and deciphering sound. I,  for some reason had a sinking feeling. I get that when things happen sometimes.  An explosion perhaps? The next day as I wandered out of my motel  room door, I met our "neighbour" a great old salt of the earth ex fisherman, who informed me of the crash. I thought to myself...I heard the sound of the last of those passengers lives.  I am reminded of this as there was a documentary on this evening about the accident and the lives lost.. I will never ever forget that.

1 comment:

  1. well written and very poignant
    xo
    sista

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive