© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Universe has its Pearls

Sold
Today was one of those days where all is right with the world. We all want more of them and I am beginning to see that the more you expect them, the more they arrive. I had some people in my gallery today that had purchased a painting of mine a few years ago. At that time, I was not sure who purchased it as it was not at my gallery. It was a mixed medium work of a woman in a hat. The title of the work was “It Was Her Passion, The Finest Of Hats”.  She told me that her Mum had been a milliner and she just loved it. That is what art is about. It made me happy.

Although the town seemed quiet today, I had a busy day at my gallery. Purchases were made as well as more than coincidental connections. Connections with the past and apparently ones for the future as well. Yesterday, I had friends stop by just to sit and chat. I always want my studio and gallery to be like that. One of the reasons I love owning my own gallery. To have a place where good hearted people pull their cars into the driveway to visit and share experiences, talk about life and art. That is amazing. Since I was 16, all I ever wanted was to be an artist and have a gallery. I guess it just goes to show that if you want it badly enough, you will do it. To be able to paint and do what you love and it be appreciated  by those close to you and by strangers , is beyond the beyond.  Here’s to celebrating doing what you love......

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous23 July, 2012

    I love pearls! For our 25th wedding anniversary Billy bought me a set of the Jacqueline Kennedy 3 strand pearls. One of our friends said "you could have bought her something a little more expensive" Bill said no way pearls and Jackie, Brenda will LOVE them. He was so right. Seeing that picture, I wish, I had purchased it. It is Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to Jackie O! What a beautiful gift..But Bill is such a great guy and I know the pearls look maaaarvelous on you daaarling!Glad you like this work! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous24 July, 2012

    What a wonderful picture, story and reflection on where you have found yourself. I am reading a book on Matisse and your picture reminds me of his work (yours is much better).

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful compliment! Makes me feel great as you know how much I admire your work. Thanks Gary :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive