© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Saturday, March 24, 2012

Workshop Weekend


Workshop Weekend

I love to take art workshops. I look forward to them and they rejuvenate me.  I come home covered in the medium the workshop used. I am quite often exhausted but run down to the studio and experiment more with that which I just studied. My hands tell the tale for days afterwards as I am famous (or infamous) for choosing the messiest of them all. Last time it involved a type of intuitive drawing with charcoal. I was oblivious to what I looked like until coming home and seeing a ring of willow charcoal dust around my nose and mouth. I truly looked as if I had been inhaling WD 40 all day.  This explains the look on the faces of the people in the wine store who really were quite reticent to sell me a good Beaujolais . No worries, they know I am an artist, caved and rang up the bill.
This weekend it was Silk Screening. The last time I did this I was a kid. Not quite as involved as this process. I loved it.  I didn't do it in my post secondary art ed. I can't wait to incorporate it into my work. Art to me is like being a perpetual kid. It's always amazing..... It connects you with life.  

2 comments:

  1. oh my... silk screening....reminds me of those barb c. and eugenio telez romantic drama days ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive