© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Friday, November 4, 2011

The Forest (pastel on paper) (SOLD)

I took a walk today, just before teaching an art class. I put on my funny flowered rain boots and headed off to have a little "soul centering" time.  Behind my home there is this amazing place that seems as though it doesn't belong in town. I am lucky to have a backyard that has trees and water. We have a river running through town named the Maggie Maggie.  There are two stories as to why it is named that.  People tell of the lonely girl (Maggie) whose seafaring lover was lost at sea. She was so distraught, that she threw herself into the raging river.  The other reason it is called the Maggie Maggie, is one that is not shared with tourists. shhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive