© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Monday, September 19, 2011

After some humming and hawing (SOLD)




After some humming and hawing I decided to donate this work to MICA. It is always such a struggle to decide. Each time I contribute to a charity, I want it to be a success "sale" for them. I have found that  my work is somewhat larger than works usually  donated.  Only because I am so flamboyant when I paint that small canvas just don't do it for me.  I have tried. I have a gazillion small cottons on stretchers, strewn about my studio, in the hopes that one day, I will be able to paint a small work. I think I should just admit that I can't and put up a huge 12X14 footer, slather myself in paint ( I have always wanted to do this) and create.....It reminds me of a person I know who paints their ceilings naked with nothing but a shower cap on.  I would love to do this too, however, where I live, it would be the talk of the town.... (you know, the small village thing) They would have me committed in an instant...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive