© 2015. All artwork is under the protection of copyright law. The artist, Anya Holloway holds exclusive rights over artwork and reproductions. Attempts to copy, reproduce, or create derivative works is prohibited.







Saturday, February 25, 2012

Abstract Laughter

Abstract (Sold)

Do you ever laugh so much there are tears rolling down your cheeks? I have, and do.  Sometimes so much so I have resembled Alice Cooper in his heyday.  You think I would have learned to wear waterproof mascara by now. But no.  Actually, I kind of like it that way.  What a compliment to those that cause that streaky look upon your face. Laughing exhausts you but at the same time rejuvenates you. I have so many people in my life that make me laugh. I make me laugh!  I thought I would stop and check out a local clothing store and perhaps purchase something for myself. Into the dressing room I go, clothes hanging from my arm. Off come MY clothes and I am about to throw one of the dresses I have over my head and lo and behold, a rustling of the curtain. (yes, this change room had fancy curtains!) The dress still covering my head and just about to slip down to my neck, I hear a voice "Oh, you're not my girlfriend.".  OK, so I am thinking "Do I lower this garment, so my face is uncovered? Or, should I remain very still, and say nothing?"  All I could do was burst into peals of laughter. I just couldn't stop. So now I would have those big mascara lines down my face. The guy at least had a good sense of humour and when I came out he did say, " I didn't see much of the dress but I bet it will look nice on you."  I bought the dress!

2 comments:

  1. You make us laugh. Keep it up. From the office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wherever this Office is... glad it makes you laugh..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive